Question Should I get the ASUS GA502 or build my own computer?

OmegaOrigins

Prominent
May 15, 2019
Ok, before I get thrown out of here, I don’t know where I should ask this, and I’m having a dilemma on what I should do, so please help laptop people. My pc build I plan to buy is much cheaper, but if I upgrade it to the specs of the laptop, then the gap is closed.
This is the build I plan to get: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/OmegaOrigins/saved/

OmegaOrigins

Prominent
May 15, 2019
It’d be preferable if it was portable, and the whole reason I have this dilemma is that the price to performance on the Asus laptop is a bit more than a computer at the same specs, or around.

It’d be preferable if it was portable, and the whole reason I have this dilemma is that the price to performance on the Asus laptop is a bit more than a computer at the same specs, or around.

So then you need to decide what is more important to you, being able to carry a gaming system around or getting faster speed for same price, more reliability and upgrade ability.

You should get a solid state drive and a higher wattage power supply. A modular PSU would help with a neater system build and cooling in the case.

So this is one of the life's lessons, know what's more important to you, and the art of compromise.

Do you have actually plan of taking this machine out somewhere, use it at school etc. on a regular basis? No? then your preference has no concrete plan basis, go desktop.

When I was younger, I lust for a Civic Hatchback, I stopped at people's houses to admire the cars, but deep inside I didn't have a job, even if I did, wouldn't pay enough to buy the $&@#$ car, another desire with no concrete basis.