Should I get the EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked

Thaimasker

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014
My biggest fear with this card is that its only 2gb. I only plan to play games on 1080p with one monitor, but will it be enough for the all high end games of the next 2 years?

Solution
It will be fine, for games from two years from now it should play well. But for 2+ year future games don't expect ULTRA settings.

I'd get the 4GB version, since if you want to really be able to play games for a while with that card the extra vram will help. Especially if you SLI in the future.

This is just in general, just like the guy above said we can't fully predict what games will demand 2 years from now.

NBSN

Admirable
Honestly, no one can predict what games will require in two years time. But a lot of that will have to do with what settings you plan on playing at. If you plan on playing those games at 1080p but are okay with medium to high settings, you should be okay with the most demanding of them...at least I would think so.

It will be fine, for games from two years from now it should play well. But for 2+ year future games don't expect ULTRA settings.

I'd get the 4GB version, since if you want to really be able to play games for a while with that card the extra vram will help. Especially if you SLI in the future.

This is just in general, just like the guy above said we can't fully predict what games will demand 2 years from now.

Solution

NBSN

Admirable
I agree with TechyInAZ, and want to add that no one even knows how well the most powerful cards of today will be performing at that point anyway. With how advanced GPUs have become the past couple of years and will likely evolve to be even more powerful. Heck, I have a GTX 780 Ti and it rocks games right now, and will likely rock them for the next few years. I had planned on adding another to run them in SLI, but now I will definitely wait and see if it is better to just get a newer one than go SLI, all depending on what games require at that time.