Should I Get The Titan X?

MassiveNerd

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016
Hi there!

I'm building a new PC, and I'm now deciding on what graphics card to get. I'm currently thinking of getting the Titan X Pascal, but are there any faster graphics cards (for gaming)? Price isn't too much of a worry right now, so it doesn't have to be the cheapest thing ever. Try and keep it under 4k though. If you need anymore information let me know. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out!

- JTW

Solution
In my opinion (and in my case) I am waiting for nvidia to release either the speculated 1080ti, or whatever their next higher performance card is. I believe this would be the better option unless you literally can't wait for them to be released.

Eldy

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
In my opinion (and in my case) I am waiting for nvidia to release either the speculated 1080ti, or whatever their next higher performance card is. I believe this would be the better option unless you literally can't wait for them to be released.

Solution

frank_hnd

Honorable
Titan X Pascal is not worth it, not even for 4K.
if you are planning to play at 4K resolution, I would recommend waiting for the new cards that are truly 4K capable. as of this moment, the best solution would be GTX1080 2-way SLI. the same price as a Titan X with better performance (you have to make sure the games you play support SLI) and whenever only 1 card is used the difference between a 1080 and Titan X is very small in my opinion.

frank_hnd

Honorable

True, I ran 1440p 120hz with my old GTX660 for a couple of weeks and I played just fine. A lot of people are picky, especially those who want 4K gaming and think Ultra setting/60+ FPS is what defines a 4k GPU.

TRENDING THREADS