Should I get this dedicated card for these games or stay with integrated?

Jun 30, 2018
Hey, so I'm planning on buying a graphics card and I'm wondering if it's a good decision. I plan on playing:

Starbound and some Source Engine games (Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Zombie Panic! Source).

Right now, due to my country's situation I can only afford a 1GB graphics card which is where my questions step in, I currently have an integrated 1.5GB: Intel Q43/Q45,and I don't know if it would be an upgrade or a downgrade, it already struggles with Tf2 at times but I believe that's because of renderers, I'd like to play specially TF2 at DirectX 9. Left 4 Dead 2 is also a black screen after loading which I also think is due to renderers.

Specs:
4GB RAM
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 Ghz (Quad Core)
Integrated graphics (Intel Q43/Q45)

Graphics cards I can buy: Nvidia G405

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What's your exact budget and where can you purchase from? "Enough to afford a 1 GB graphics card," doesn't really give us much information to go with at all; GPU power isn't directly measured by the VRAM nor are price points determined primarily by the VRAM. I wouldn't recommend bothering to buy a 10-year-old non gaming GPU as an upgrade, but with the scant details, I just can't give you any advice.

Jun 30, 2018

First I must tell you that I can't order something that would be shipped from another country, and I'm going to give you a filtered list through the site I use (Which is in spanish).

Well, if you're still willing to help: I can afford anything below 102.000.000 Bolivares , here's the filtered site listing (Right now it seems to be having trouble loading though, I'll give an alternate unfiltered link for that, but you'll have to look more)

FILTERED
https://computacion.mercadolibre.com.ve/tarjeta-grafica_PriceRange_0-1020000000

UNFILTERED
https://listado.mercadolibre.com.ve/tarjeta-grafica#D[A:tarjeta%20grafica]

By the way, thanks, this is a complicated situation and kinda weird thing to ask.

Also listings that say "Reparar/Para Reparar" should be avoided.