Should I give EVGA GPU a third chance?

Jan 4, 2019
Back in 2012, I bought a brand new EVGA GTX 560ti.
It worked perfectly for 35 months, until one day it started showing artefacts. As it was the last month of the warranty, I quickly RMA'd it to EVGA, their customer service was awesome, a couple of days later they sent me a GTX 660.
This new card worked for at least 40 months, before it started showing the same problem, forcing me to stop using her.

I'm now considering buying a GTX 1060 6gb, I wish to pick one either from EVGA, MSI or ASUS, as they all have 3 years warranty.

I really liked EVGA customer and warranty service, but I'm a bit weary of buying another GPU from them.

What do you guys think?

Solution
I have 2 friends who both have EVGA cards. One has a 670ti, still running since 2012 and the other a 670 about 2013....

EVGA is a good manufacturer for Nvidia.

As mentioned, Strix cards are pretty awesome as well (higher end ones, lower tier Strix are pretty worthless for their price).
I have 2 friends who both have EVGA cards. One has a 670ti, still running since 2012 and the other a 670 about 2013....

EVGA is a good manufacturer for Nvidia.

As mentioned, Strix cards are pretty awesome as well (higher end ones, lower tier Strix are pretty worthless for their price).

Solution

DavidVioMC

Honorable
Apr 25, 2016
All my life I've been using EVGA when it comes to GPU's. Since 2012 I have owned three EVGA GTX 670, I bought two of them for my SLI rig and worked perfectly fine until about 4 years later, somewhere in 2016, the master card started hard crashing randomly in games, anything from a black screen to a purple screen or a green screen, I sold it as some-what working and bought another EVGA GTX 670 and used it in my SLI, they both worked perfectly fine until a month ago when I upgraded to a brand new Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB OC, didn't have much time to experience it yet but Asus' power delivery is fanstastic and an absolute legend when it comes to OC, I'm currently running 1070 speeds on it, not sure if I got a golden chip one or they are actually that good at OC'ing.