Should I go back to windows 7

ICE3IRD

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
After installing windows 10 my battery lasts 1/4 of the previous life and ac battery pack gets so hot, please help? Laptop is a pavilion dv7 entertainment notebook. Pretty old but has been very reliable till the 10 upgrade! I still have all the discs that came with the laptop originally like windows 7 and so fourth, if that helps?

If you do some research (Google) you will see that Windows 10 is much more efficient than Windows 7 for battery life.

https://www.google.com/#safe=off&q=windows+10+battery+efficiency+compared+to+windows+7&*

Wulffz

Honorable
Jan 6, 2017
Windows 10 indeed is far more efficient in many ways. That and you have battery saving settings to get more out of that old battery.

treacotton

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
What they said.. but also software is moving away from Windows 7 pretty quickly.. going back to it is not feasible at this point IMO. I would consider trying a different battery and/or turning on some of the battery saving features within windows 10

ICE3IRD

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017

ICE3IRD

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
I've read that windows 10 has better battery life but since I've done the upgrade my battery life suck, I've tried a new battery and same thing, it wasn't like this before the upgrade. If I unplug I have maybe 30 minutes before it dies and that's on battery saver mode. Is there something I'm not doing?

treacotton

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009

You prob have more background stuff happening in Windows 10 than before. That's just the way it is unfortunately. Are you saying you have tried a new battery and still get 30 mins before it dies? That doesn't sound right. Either way, going back to Windows 7 may work temporarily but it's not a long term option... Windows 7 is growing obsolete very quick now.