[SOLVED] Should i go cheap or safe? PSU Extension Cables.

PhilRed

Commendable
Sep 3, 2021
So im planning to buy PSU extension cables to make my build look good. I just burned my earnings by buying the gpu so im looking for the cheapest but reliable Cables. I saw this White Sleeved PC Psu Extension Cable cpu gpu sata 1Pcs Atx 24Pin/Eps 4+4Pin/Pci-E 8Pin/Pci-E 6Pin | Shopee Philippines and it was the cheapest one with very good reviews. Are there any possibilities of problems that i should be concerned of? Im still upgrading my PC in terms of aesthetic improvements and my budget is very low considering i live in a third world country as a teenager. Thank you for your answers! My pc specs is down below if its helps.

Solution
I personally despise sleeved cable extensions since they add more cable length to the PSU and in turn add more resistance to the PSU. If at all possible, I'd look into getting a custom set of cables for your PSU, provided it's full modular. If it's a fully wired/semi modular PSU, then perhaps see if someone in your area(assuming you're located in the Phillipines) can sleeve your cables.

I also despise cheap cable extensions since lower gauge wires are used and lackluster pins/connectors. That is my thoughts though, at the end of the day it's your build and your money that's spent.

If you can, wait a little and save up some more for a quality cable sleeving job.

Lutfij

Titan
I personally despise sleeved cable extensions since they add more cable length to the PSU and in turn add more resistance to the PSU. If at all possible, I'd look into getting a custom set of cables for your PSU, provided it's full modular. If it's a fully wired/semi modular PSU, then perhaps see if someone in your area(assuming you're located in the Phillipines) can sleeve your cables.

I also despise cheap cable extensions since lower gauge wires are used and lackluster pins/connectors. That is my thoughts though, at the end of the day it's your build and your money that's spent.

If you can, wait a little and save up some more for a quality cable sleeving job.

Solution

PhilRed

Commendable
Sep 3, 2021
If it's a fully wired/semi modular PSU, then perhaps see if someone in your area(assuming you're located in the Phillipines) can sleeve your cables.
I never thought about this thank you! My psu is a black wired with a plastic mesh holding it all together. It does its job but it kinda hard to look at especially with the old intel stock cpu cooler combo, makes my pc look bad imo. Thanks for your advice and opinion.