[SOLVED] Should I go for a AsRock B450 or B450M Steel Legend?

naman.narula1

Commendable
Aug 11, 2018
namantechlabs.com
I am planning to build a PC for myself, and I'm wondering whether I should go for an AsRock B450 or B450M Steel Legend motherboard. I feel like getting the smaller board would make my case look a lot emptier. I'm getting the Aerocool Cylon RGB Case.

Solution
.... What can be the downsides of getting the bigger board? Thanks.

Assuming board cost is the same, or isn't an issue, the only downside I can think if is it wouldn't fit your case if it's an mATX (smaller) case.

One upside to having the smaller (that size is called mATX btw) board in an ATX case is you'll have some open space above the PSU to display a couple of your favorite video game figurines against a stylish backdrop.

anvoice

Honorable
Jan 12, 2018
I am planning to build a PC for myself, and I'm wondering whether I should go for an AsRock B450 or B450M Steel Legend motherboard. I feel like getting the smaller board would make my case look a lot emptier. I'm getting the Aerocool Cylon RGB Case.

I can't find a generic "Asrock B450". Which version do you mean? B450M Pro4?

There's nothing wrong with going matx if that's what you want.

Just be sure that 4 sata ports, reduced number of fan and rgb headers and 3 pci express slots is going to be enough for your intended uses.

The vrm setup and board quality remains the same as the full size version, just the number of available expansion ports is cut down.

Reactions: ChumP

naman.narula1

Commendable
Aug 11, 2018
namantechlabs.com
There's nothing wrong with going matx if that's what you want.

Just be sure that 4 sata ports, reduced number of fan and rgb headers and 3 pci express slots is going to be enough for your intended uses.

The vrm setup and board quality remains the same as the full size version, just the number of available expansion ports is cut down.

I'm preferring the bigger board, but should I actually go for it? I meant that I feel like the emptiness is gonna ruin the looks. I only need one ARGB port, 1 SATA port, 1 wifi card expansion, and a Graphics card. What can be the downsides of getting the bigger board? Thanks.

.... What can be the downsides of getting the bigger board? Thanks.

Assuming board cost is the same, or isn't an issue, the only downside I can think if is it wouldn't fit your case if it's an mATX (smaller) case.

One upside to having the smaller (that size is called mATX btw) board in an ATX case is you'll have some open space above the PSU to display a couple of your favorite video game figurines against a stylish backdrop.

Solution