[SOLVED] should i go for A Mining Used card or A simple used Card?

AbrarKhAn111

Reputable
Nov 10, 2016
hello guys! i need help i'm going to build Gaming PC, but i'm confused in buying graphic card, i got 2 options, first one is RX 580 8gb and the second one is GTX 1060 6gb

in my area these both cards price is same, and i want to buy RX 580 8GB but the seller is saying that the card used for mining but it is in good condition like its temperature is normal and its performance is good..

SO WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY?

USED GTX 1060 6GB OR RX 580 8GB which is used for mining.

MY SPECIFICATIONS:

i5 7500
b15OM D3H
ANTEC 550W 80+ BRONZE
16GB DDR 4 RAM
NORMAL CASE

Solution
I would consider getting a mining card if I had a way of verifying it was fully functional and/or knew I could get my money back it if there was anything wrong. But if the 1060 is the same price that might be the safer bet (although it's possible it was used for mining as well and the seller is just less honest). Or consider the 1650 Super as mentioned above.
Don't buy the any GPU that used for mining, because the GPU should be over used, something like 24hr every day for long period of time, and you don't know when it will die. If you know it was used for short period of time, it is fine, otherwise don't buy it.

AbrarKhAn111

Reputable
Nov 10, 2016
Don't buy the any GPU that used for mining, because the GPU should be over used, something like 24hr every day for long period of time, and you don't know when it will die. If you know it was used for short period of time, it is fine, otherwise don't buy it.

so then should i go for GTX 1060 6GB? is gtx 1060 good card for next few years?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I would consider getting a mining card if I had a way of verifying it was fully functional and/or knew I could get my money back it if there was anything wrong. But if the 1060 is the same price that might be the safer bet (although it's possible it was used for mining as well and the seller is just less honest). Or consider the 1650 Super as mentioned above.

Solution