[SOLVED] Should I go for data recovery?

tapak

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018
I opened up a hard drive and forgot to copy some data before doing it, so now my drive is no longer functionning.

The data on it isn't especially critical, just some photos and videos of my family and my cat. Did anyone ever had to recover the data? If yes, how much did it cost and for what reason you had to do it.

Thanks

Solution

Depends on the firm, but recovering something like this can go into four figures, so it would be up to you if it's worth it to you. The data may be permanently destroyed in any case; there's a reason that hard drives are opened up by firms in a clean room environment.

Generally speaking, the only cost effective way to recover data is to not lose it in the first place; all data that you don't want to lose...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Depends on the firm, but recovering something like this can go into four figures, so it would be up to you if it's worth it to you. The data may be permanently destroyed in any case; there's a reason that hard drives are opened up by firms in a clean room environment.

Generally speaking, the only cost effective way to recover data is to not lose it in the first place; all data that you don't want to lose should have a bare minimum of two copies at any time.

Solution