should i go push/pull since I have the fans already?

Dec 31, 2018
I have a corsair 570x. I bought 3 additional SP120 RGB fans to match (total 6 fans right now) with the stock wraith prism cooler that came with my 2700x. Currently have 3 front intake, 2 exhaust on roof and 1 exhaust in back.

I have ordered a deep cool 360 rad that comes with 3 additional fans. I am going to use my SP120 fans on the front to push air into rad....my question is since I have the extra 3 fans that come with the AIO is it worth while to use them for a push/pull? or sthould I just leave them in the box?

TIA

Solution
Only benefit of push-pull over only push or pull is that you'll get higher static pressure within the rad. There is no higher airflow when running push-pull.

Due to that, temps wise, there's no difference. Noise wise, things get iffy. Example:
* In one setup we have 240mm rad with 4x 120mm fans running push-pull at 2000 RPM and 3.0 mmH2O of static pressure inside the rad.
* In second setup we have 240mm rad with 2x 120mm fans running pull at 2400 RPM and 2.5 mmH2O of static pressure inside the rad.

While in push-pull setup the fan themselves would generate less noise due to the lower RPM, the higher static pressure within the rad itself would generate more noise since air would be forced through the rad at greater force than in 2nd...
Dec 31, 2018

Hey thanks for the reply.

I 100% know it is not necessary.... but being that I will have the fans laying around anyways, would it provide any benefit? run a few degrees cooler and maybe a little more quiet?

Thanks

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Only benefit of push-pull over only push or pull is that you'll get higher static pressure within the rad. There is no higher airflow when running push-pull.

Due to that, temps wise, there's no difference. Noise wise, things get iffy. Example:
* In one setup we have 240mm rad with 4x 120mm fans running push-pull at 2000 RPM and 3.0 mmH2O of static pressure inside the rad.
* In second setup we have 240mm rad with 2x 120mm fans running pull at 2400 RPM and 2.5 mmH2O of static pressure inside the rad.

While in push-pull setup the fan themselves would generate less noise due to the lower RPM, the higher static pressure within the rad itself would generate more noise since air would be forced through the rad at greater force than in 2nd, only pull setup.

Solution
Dec 31, 2018

Ok that makes a lot of sense, thanks!

TRENDING THREADS