[SOLVED] Should I go with F Intel?

DarkJoney

Prominent
Nov 21, 2019
Hello, guys.

I am going to jump from 5820K to 10900, because the last one is avaliable for a kinda sweet price at my country right now. The problem is I have no idea regarding the Intel's iGPU.
Is there any real profit from Intel's iGPU if I am going to stick with my RTX 2080? :D
The price difference between F and non-F is something about 30$.

I am working at Davinci Resolve Studio to edit my commercial video shoots. Would I be able to use it for acceleration together with nVidia or the iGPU would be disabled in any case?

Thanks.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Just bought a 10900F myself. Basically the situation you are in now, no onboard graphics, so not much different there.

If $30 is worth it, then get the F.

I basically just want the 10 cores to last me until 13th gen or something, or AM5 with second generation DDR5 depending on who is doing better by that point.

Saved about $150 with this over something like an i7-11700k.

I don't believe DaVinci Resolve would make use of the iGPU. It has some features like Intel Quick Sync for video streaming, but your RTX is better at it.

Reactions: DarkJoney

DarkJoney

Prominent
Nov 21, 2019
Just bought a 10900F myself. Basically the situation you are in now, no onboard graphics, so not much different there.

If $30 is worth it, then get the F.

I basically just want the 10 cores to last me until 13th gen or something, or AM5 with second generation DDR5 depending on who is doing better by that point.

Saved about $150 with this over something like an i7-11700k.

I don't believe DaVinci Resolve would make use of the iGPU. It has some features like Intel Quick Sync for video streaming, but your RTX is better at it.
Well, if I will be fair, I am still can't decide if I should go with 11700 or 10900. According to the reviews. 10900 is more interesting purchase for my tasks.

Then, I will be looking for the F one and invest into the better mobo. I am catching an eye on Maximus Hero Z490 now.

Reactions: DarkJoney
Solution