Should i go with the EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB W/ ACX COOLER OR ASUS GTX 770 DIRECTCU II OC 2GB?

PachiiAxe

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I just cant decide within them, i want one brand that is powerful, that haves good temps and last me a lot.. I was leaning with asus but then i saw on amazon that evga had more sells and reviews.

Asus z87 maximus hero vi
I5 4670k
Noctua nhu14s
Corsair vengance 1600mhz
Seasonic m12ii 650w bronze
Gpu
Wd 1tb
Sentey arvina 6400 black full tower

Thanks and please let me know wich should i pick. I want the asus but if there are not good reviews about it lately im afraid ill have to change my mind.. please help me because i dont want to buy a card that is not working and that its not reliable because i live in southamerica and i dont want to send it back.

Solution
For the past 5 years I have been using EVGA's cards and i have never had a single problem. Heck I still have my GTX 580 and my 8800GT from EVGA and theres still nothing wrong with them yet, they work absolutely fine.
Actually, Asus is going to be more "reliable". Why? Because EVGA uses all reference components in all of their cards except the top-of-the-line Classified version. The Asus DirectCU, on the other hand, uses all custom upgraded "Superalloy" components specifically designed to enhance the life of the card while pushing the highest possible overclocks. Unless you value the EVGA trade up program, the Asus is a better card.
http://www.bjorn3d.com/2013/07/asus-geforce-gtx-770-directcu-ii-oc-graphics-card/

And that my friends is marketing. What exactly is a superalloy though genuinely curious on that. In all fairness though I have never had a card from either company fail from old age back to my EVGA 8600 and my ASUS 5XX(something or other I think) both cards still running strong.

I included a link for a reason, so PachiiAxe can see for himself the difference. Asus isn't fooling around with their component selection on their DirectCU cards.

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Ive got the evga gtx 770 sc dual, and I love it. Evga's great, upgrade program, extended warranty upon registering. Asus is great, but for motherboards, ill always go asus. But graphics, msi lightning or evga with acx cooler. Its the way to go.

PachiiAxe

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
So should i go for what guys? I mean it seems the asus one is powerful and i was quite impress but i read many reviews and i realised that the asus has several problems in software and hardware so... many people in amazon says that both are great but for gpu's i should go with evga so im not sure.. i need customer feedback in order to decide..

M0j0jojo

Honorable
For the past 5 years I have been using EVGA's cards and i have never had a single problem. Heck I still have my GTX 580 and my 8800GT from EVGA and theres still nothing wrong with them yet, they work absolutely fine.

Solution