Question Should I grab the RX 570 now or wait for Navi?

TanaDada

Reputable
Jul 6, 2014
Hello,
first of all, my budget is going to be somewhere around $160-$180. I am tempted to get the RX 570 because that is the best card (as per my research) I can get for that money and also the 2 games they are giving away with it (DMC 5 will probably cost me 60 more bucks if I buy it separately).

Now the dilemma is the news of Navi cards about to be launched and the scope of either a big price drop or a latest generation Navi gpu within my price range. I'd hate it if I get a 570 in a hurry now and see a new card dropping next month with way better performance which was within my budget.
Understanding you guys can't predict future, I'd like to hear your opinions on getting a 570 now or holding on for a couple more months.

pitogo

Reputable
Feb 15, 2019
Waiting may depend on what you have now. Bundled game are also a reactor and Navi may not be in the price range you mentioned at release. I have both new and used RX 570 and 580 8GB as well as the new Radeon VII. Prices are really good now as the mining craze stopped inflating price and constrained availability. I saw an RX 570 4gb for $129 at microcenter. It’s decent card.