Question Should I have space for another internal hard drive?

Mar 12, 2019
My PC: MSI GL62M 7RDX with an i5.

Soo, until recently, I thought my laptop had to hard drives, because under "This PC" it shows a C: drive (with 133GB) and a D: drive (with 83.4 GB), and because the specs show it as having an SSD and an HDD.

But when I checked properties, both drives were listed as the same SSD (this thing). Kind of confused as to why the pc sees this as two hard drives?

In any case, I still want to increase storage; the aforementioned specs page says that the pc can take " 1x 2.5" SATA HDD ". Does this mean that, seeing as I apparently only have one SSD, I have a free slot inside the machine in which to install an hdd? Also, how do I know if a prospective hdd is compatible with my PC?

It is possible that the operating system sees this single drive as two logical drives because it was partitioned that way.
What is the make and model of the laptop?
Do you have the user manuals?
Also try downloading and running Speccy to give you a good overview of your laptop's hardware.

Mar 9, 2019
Your LINK to the specs says only that you have two drive slots capacity. It does NOT say that there is two drives installed. Maybe was an option to have one installed when you bought it (check your order paperwork or email) or for you to upgrade later.
Good advice above to download SPECCy. My bet is that you have an empty slot.

TRENDING THREADS