Should I have uninstalled my old graphics drivers?

dooleysj84

Commendable
Oct 29, 2017
When I Upgraded my pc i put a 1050 ti in and installed the necessary drivers. My friend then said to uninstall the old intel hd 4600 graphics drivers that ran the integrated graphics that are built into the cpu. I still have that same cpu.

I have since be told that i shouldn't have uninstalled them so that the computer doesn't die if there is a fault with the 1050 ti.

Should I reinstall some back drivers that work with the integrated graphics or is that unneeded?

Solution
you dont need to reinstall the ipgpu drivers. if the nvidia gpu goes bad and you pull it from your rig. when the mb bios flips back to the ipgpu windows will boot and use the default vga drivers that are used for all video chipset where there no drivers installed yet. your screen size wont be right and you may only have 256k in colors in till you reinstall the drivers or windows does.
you dont need to reinstall the ipgpu drivers. if the nvidia gpu goes bad and you pull it from your rig. when the mb bios flips back to the ipgpu windows will boot and use the default vga drivers that are used for all video chipset where there no drivers installed yet. your screen size wont be right and you may only have 256k in colors in till you reinstall the drivers or windows does.

Solution