[SOLVED] Should I have waited till New Year before buying parts ?

Abdullah127

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
hi .. i have bad pc and recently ordered these parts:

B560m Gigabyte Aorus Pro
i5 -11400
16 gb ram

Then I saw some guy on youtube says people should have waited until the new year first quarter .. in my case should i cancel the order and wait for the next generations ? or it doesn't matter that much ?

I use after effects and want to play some old games on the iGPU untill i get a graphics card.

The 11400 is a fine CPU but the 12400 is looking promising too...

You can wait if you don't have urgency. The current lineup of this gen. have already proven to be good enough.

Reactions: Abdullah127
Solution

Abdullah127

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
The 11400 is a fine CPU but the 12400 is looking promising too...

You can wait if you don't have urgency. The current lineup of this gen. have already proven to be good enough.
thank you .. sorry one more question , is the motherboard too much for the cpu ? cause i didn't find the cheaper one steel legend here .. is gigabyte waste of resources ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No. It's a good board. The differences are in the gimmicks. The Aorus can do more, has more robust VRM's etc so offers more options. It's in the little things.

My build is mITX, and most mITX boards only have 1 fan header and 1 cpu header, that would have made my build very difficult. So I opted for a more expensive board that had 2 fan headers and a cpu header.

Reactions: Abdullah127

Abdullah127

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
No. It's a good board. The differences are in the gimmicks. The Aorus can do more, has more robust VRM's etc so offers more options. It's in the little things.

My build is mITX, and most mITX boards only have 1 fan header and 1 cpu header, that would have made my build very difficult. So I opted for a more expensive board that had 2 fan headers and a cpu header.
hmmm i get it.. excuse my ignorance , but is this could affect the performance of gaming for example ? "going for the gigabyte board"

TRENDING THREADS