Question Should I install Nahimic 3?

XCUT

Commendable
Jul 20, 2019
I got MSI Z490 ACE, which according to the manufacturer's description already has some in-built audio processor.

My question is do I need something like Nahimic (advertised by MSI itself on this motherboard)? There are also quite a lot of negative opinions about this software.
I use Hyperx wireless headphones, Cloud Flight S model.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Also been thinking about Realtek Audio Control, but then again - I don't even know if it's gonna make anything better.

Last edited:
have had nothing but issues with Nahimic software across two motherboards.

total loss of audio, distorted sound, and some issues with software crashing would randomly appear each time i let it install.

i see fairly often in gaming forums others complaining it was causing different issues with games also.

installing your motherboard's latest Realtek driver package should be all that you need.

Reactions: Mandark

XCUT

Commendable
Jul 20, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

Do you think that automatic windows updates are enough? Or should I install Realtek Audio Control nonetheless?

A licensed install comes with my motherboard too but I never installed it since nothing explained what it does or is for.

What does Nahimic do exactly? What benefits would I see from it? I prefer a pure sound if I can get it, as the studio laid the tracks down...and especially as the artist intended it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS