[SOLVED] Should I install Nahimic 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XCUT

Commendable
Jul 20, 2019
I got MSI Z490 ACE, which according to the manufacturer's description already has some in-built audio processor.

My question is do I need something like Nahimic (advertised by MSI itself on this motherboard)? There are also quite a lot of negative opinions about this software.
I use Hyperx wireless headphones, Cloud Flight S model.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Also been thinking about Realtek Audio Control, but then again - I don't even know if it's gonna make anything better.

Last edited:
Solution
have had nothing but issues with Nahimic software across two motherboards.

total loss of audio, distorted sound, and some issues with software crashing would randomly appear each time i let it install.

i see fairly often in gaming forums others complaining it was causing different issues with games also.

installing your motherboard's latest Realtek driver package should be all that you need.
have had nothing but issues with Nahimic software across two motherboards.

total loss of audio, distorted sound, and some issues with software crashing would randomly appear each time i let it install.

i see fairly often in gaming forums others complaining it was causing different issues with games also.

installing your motherboard's latest Realtek driver package should be all that you need.

Solution
D

Deleted member 14196

What comes with windows should be enough but if you don’t have the little audio control panel then you will need the exact version that shipped with your motherboard

A licensed install comes with my motherboard too but I never installed it since nothing explained what it does or is for.

What does Nahimic do exactly? What benefits would I see from it? I prefer a pure sound if I can get it, as the studio laid the tracks down...and especially as the artist intended it.

Status
Not open for further replies.