Question Should I install normal AMD drivers on a cheap RX580?

Rexer

Distinguished
Hum-m-m. I don't have a clue. Usually AMD is AMD. What's your hardware? PSU, CPU, ram, motherboard, etc.. Read the box. if it matches what the original specs are of a AMD RX580 pcie 3, it should be good to go unless your machine isn't made for it (to fit a pice 3 slot). Research the mfg if it really a legit company.
Hope this helps.

Of course they're compatible. Radeon GPUs are born in Canada, not China. They're the same Radeon GPUs sold all over the world. I have a Chinese RX 580 2048SP and it uses the same driver package as my RX 7900 XTX.

Reactions: Rexer

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
doesn't matter who makes rebrands the card.
even with custom PCB rather than reference (which I doubt these cheap cards have) the GPU and tech itself is not manufactured by these off brand companies.
All these off brand companies do is take a cheap reference card, slap their own cooling on it, and sell it.
They don't actually make anything.
Drivers for the GPU will come from the manufacturer of the actual silicon which is AMD.

Milo.

Commendable
Mar 5, 2021
Hey, just wanted to add to this thread in case anyone needs it.

Despite not being listed on the website, these cards still use standard drivers. I just use the detect and install app that can be found on the AMD driver page.