[SOLVED] Should I install the os alongside games or on a separate drive

wiktor.nowak05

Reputable
Nov 5, 2017
So I got a new Kingston a2000 1tb m.2 ssd and I am unsure if I should install my os on it or my old sata ssd. I plan on installing many games on it and I am curious if the performance will degrade as the drive fills up. Should I install my os on the new m.2 drive alongside games or should I just keep it for games and the sata ssd only for windows. My nvme ssd is 1tb and my sata ssd is 128gb so putting the games on the sata ssd is not going to happen.

Solution
But it's a sata ssd not a mechanical sata drive if that helps any. Because I am not sure if you understood correctly my writing. My sata ssd is an Intel 530 series ssd.
Yeah, I got that.
Old, small, and much slower than your new a2000.

OS, applications, games on the new 1TB.
Use the 128GB for stuff that doesn't matter. Browser downloads, movies, etc.

USAFRet

Titan
I would suggest putting the OS and games on the new drive, and ditching the old 128GB SATA drive, or use it as a secondary something.
OS and games and applications on that will benefit.

For any solid state drive, don't fill it up past 80%.

wiktor.nowak05

Reputable
Nov 5, 2017
I would suggest putting the OS and games on the new drive, and ditching the old 128GB SATA drive, or use it as a secondary something.
OS and games and applications on that will benefit.

For any solid state drive, don't fill it up past 80%.
But it's a sata ssd not a mechanical sata drive if that helps any. Because I am not sure if you understood correctly my writing. My sata ssd is an Intel 530 series ssd.

USAFRet

Titan
Yeah, I got that.
Old, small, and much slower than your new a2000.

OS, applications, games on the new 1TB.
Use the 128GB for stuff that doesn't matter. Browser downloads, movies, etc.

Reactions: wiktor.nowak05
Solution