[SOLVED] Should I intall the CPU with (probably) wrong BIOS version?

ChonJr

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
Hey,

I've just bought a GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.0) I don't know what version of bios does it have. The computer stores near by me can't update it. Will it cook my Ryzen 5 3600 if it's bios doesn't support it?

Solution
Hey,

I've just bought a GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.0) I don't know what version of bios does it have. The computer stores near by me can't update it. Will it cook my Ryzen 5 3600 if it's bios doesn't support it?
Nothing bad will happen. It just won't boot / won't work at all.
How long have you had the motherboard? If it predates the release of the new chips and you've never updated BIOS, then you won't have latest BIOS.

If it was more recent, you could always contact the reseller and find out what BIOS it shipped with.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Hey,

Nothing bad will happen. It just won't boot / won't work at all.
How long have you had the motherboard? If it predates the release of the new chips and you've never updated BIOS, then you won't have latest BIOS.

If it was more recent, you could always contact the reseller and find out what BIOS it shipped with.

Solution