Should I keep an old PSU in new build?

ErazorUA

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
I am planning to buy a new PC. It will be i7700K + Geforce 1060 or possibly Ryzen 1700 + Geforce 1060. No overclocking, no SLI, nothing special. Is it a good idea to keep my old Cooler Master Silent Pro M600 PSU? It is quite old (about 5-7 years old maybe).

Solution
My advice: don't be that eager to throw good stuff away, considering it as obsolete.
Power supplies can last ten years and more if running in decent conditions (no voltage fluctuations, clean environment, and matching the system - meaning not pushing them to their limits).
My Corsair TX 750 is 8 yrs old and still running.

ErazorUA

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017

If I`ll go with an Intel build, it would probably be mATX B250 chipset (Asus Prime B250M-A, ASRock B250M-HDV, Gigabyte GA-B250M)

If your spending that kind of money on a new system, what's a little more to ensure the reliability of your new build. If it were me, i'd build with all new parts. I wouldn't want to build my new system, then have to replace a power supply shortly after.

My advice: don't be that eager to throw good stuff away, considering it as obsolete.
Power supplies can last ten years and more if running in decent conditions (no voltage fluctuations, clean environment, and matching the system - meaning not pushing them to their limits).
My Corsair TX 750 is 8 yrs old and still running.

Solution