Question Should I keep MSI game boost and A-XMP activated?

Jun 23, 2019
I have the MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi paired with the Ryzen 3700x at stock speed. I decided to turn on game boost in the BIOS, and as soon as I saved it, I noticed that my PC became louder. I’m personally fine with this, but I want to make sure it’s safe. Along with that, I received a message about turning on game boost before my PC booted. I couldn’t catch the entire message, but it seemed like a warning that said “Game boost is enabled”. That’s the only part that I was able to catch entirely, it also said something about overclocking. From my understanding, game boost allows more performance out of your CPU, so if I had to take a guess, it was a warning not to manually overclock my CPU, but I just want to make sure this is true. If it is true, is it still safe to overclock my RAM and GPU? My RAM is currently overclocked to DDR4 3600, but I don’t have my GPU overclocked. And I know that Ryzen 3000 CPU’s have a built in boost clock feature that only activates when it’s at stock speeds. Does game boost interfere with that? And if so, would I just be better off not having it on? I also had the option to enable A-XMP. From my understanding, that affects memory speed. But considering that I’m able to get my RAM to DDR4-3600, is that not necessary to have on?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS