Should I keep my current cpu?

Oct 3, 2018
I just need help cause I can't decide should I keep my current AMD cpu or swap to Intel,
My old cpu AMD A8-6600K and th motheboard GA-F2A55 but it's not working any more cause the problem with the main chip.
Now I'm so confused should I get a new motherboard fit with the current cpu and new cooler not planning to overclocking at all but the temp is really high at gaming it reaches out to 90 and higher on speccy or should I swap to Intel meanwhile if I will go for Intel gonna need graphic card while in AMD I'm gaming with out any graphic card at all.
Ps my budget not that good.

Solution

This combo of components would certainly out-perform your current configuration.

However, you could also live with your current performance for a while longer to save more money toward a current, more capable system. This would be my recommendation.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I would recommend you not spend any money on a FM2 CPU and/or motherboard. They are simply obsolete. Save your money for a new AMD or Intel based rig.

What is your planned budget for an eventual upgrade? Also, for the current heat issue, what make/model heatsink are you using with the CPU?

Your cpu is very weak for gaming.
There are no real good upgrades, the FM2 line is essentially obsolete
I would not spend another dime on it.

Who knows what you can get used.
Intel processors will include integrated graphics, but integrated is not good for fast action games.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

This combo of components would certainly out-perform your current configuration.

However, you could also live with your current performance for a while longer to save more money toward a current, more capable system. This would be my recommendation.

Solution

adgonta

Commendable
Aug 25, 2018
What about a ryzen APU system ? You could get probably better performance than the 550 ti and maybe even the i5 . You could go for the cheapest board ( asrock a320m-k ) a 2200g ( mostly 100 €/$ ) and some cheap ram ( best to be at 2933mhz + ) and if you wait for BLACK FRIDAY you could get a loot of value for ~230 €/$ .

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Replacing the thermal compound between your CPU and the heatsink, and cleaning any accumulated dust/hairballs from inside your case should help with the temps.