ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hello everyone. I have a fx 9370 with a corsair h100i v2 and I'm going that cpu to either a 2600 or a 3600. Should I keep the cooler that comes with the cpu or buy an am4 bracket kit and use my h100i v2? I want to overclock a bit because it's free performance gain. However, the am4 bracket kit isn't available where I live, so I'll have to wait about a month for it to arrive. What do you think I should do? Thanks in advance.

Solution
The included cooler is decent, but assuming your H100i is still fully functional, it's substantially better.
So, I'd use the stock cooler initially, while you wait on the AM4 bracket.

FWIW, you can reach out to Corsair directly and they'll send you an AM4 bracket. Although I do believe you need to have proof of purchase for both the H100i and the relevant CPU before they'll do so.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The included cooler is decent, but assuming your H100i is still fully functional, it's substantially better.

FWIW, you can reach out to Corsair directly and they'll send you an AM4 bracket. Although I do believe you need to have proof of purchase for both the H100i and the relevant CPU before they'll do so.

Solution

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016

My h100i v2 is fully functional, but since the day I bought it, the fans make a weird sound while spinning. They don't do it always, only if the room temperature is high and that's the case in summer. I know it's the fans because if I pull them out and hit them lightly they make a sound I can't describe exactly. However they do their job very good, keeping my fx 9370 always below 60 degrees while gaming. Do you have any idea why the fans make that sound? Thanks in advance.

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
No clue, without hearing the sound.
Luckily, for an AIO cooler, the fans are the one aspect you can replace should you need to - so as long as any "issue" remains with the fan, then the cooler is viable.
When I get home I'll record a video with my phone and upload it on YouTube and send it here so that you can listen. Thanks for helping me, have a great day!