should i let a computer shop install my hardware?

Jortsyy

Reputable
May 5, 2015
i bought a new graphics card, power supply, mother board, and cpu. should i just make someone else do it since i dont know anything about building a computer?

Entomber

Admirable
If you are unwilling to risk damaging the parts by assembling it yourself, you can bring it to a big box electronics store and ask them to assemble it for you.

However, putting together a computer isn't that intimidating as long as you find yourself a good guide and you follow it carefully.

TheNewGeek420

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015

tons of tutorials on building a pc, but if you do it yourself, you'll remember the method to building a pc next time!

You perhaps should take a computer repair class at night school, then when you feel ready you can do it or bring the parts to the class and have the instructor help you. Most us here have been building computers for quite some time. I've been working on computers since the IBM XT days. SO many of us don't understand the fear you have. There are some videos on youtube to help walk you through the process. Or you can contact a local computer shop and see what they charge to assemble it for you, ask if you can watch. If you have a friend that is experienced in assembling computers perhaps he can help. Be sure you get yourself a grounding strap before you attempt anything yourself.