[SOLVED] Should I make this upgrade?

7medd

Reputable
Nov 14, 2020
Hello guys ,

I have the build described in my signature . I use my build to play apex legends mainly on low settings 1080p and fix framerate at 190 fps.

I got an oppurtunity to upgrade CPU and add a gen 4 SSD for a 480 USD , and sell my i5 for 200 USD . It is an i7 11700KF and a 1TB T cardea C440 gen4 ssd . I dont want to make any major spending on this PC for like 3 years or more .

I understand that plus CPU upgrade I will have PCIE gen 4 on GPU and SSD . will this make my game significally faster? like stable 240 hz most of the time? Actually I can keep stable 190 fps right now . when I go for 240 I get stutter when crowded scene + smoke/ explosions

I cant find a direct comparison between those 2 CPUs in apex at low 1080p, or any video of 11700k/3070 combo , thats why I'm seeking answer here.

Thank you for any help

Have a nice day

Solution
Running at a lower resolution/settings can put more of the load on the processor than on the GPU, so a processor upgrade could potentially help out here.
The SSD however is entirely irrelevant to your game performance, it will not provide any benefit to you at this time.
If you are looking to do this upgrade, ditch the SSD and just get the processor and save the money (or use the money elsewhere on an actual performance related part).
Running at a lower resolution/settings can put more of the load on the processor than on the GPU, so a processor upgrade could potentially help out here.
The SSD however is entirely irrelevant to your game performance, it will not provide any benefit to you at this time.
If you are looking to do this upgrade, ditch the SSD and just get the processor and save the money (or use the money elsewhere on an actual performance related part).

Reactions: 7medd
Solution

7medd

Reputable
Nov 14, 2020
Actually I need more storage for videos and stuff. I thought it is an oppurtunity to pass to gen 4 . If it has no benefit for games , I guess I will go for a regular SSD , that will save me a fresh windows install.

Concerning the CPU , I understand that upgrade may or may not have an impact depending of the game. I'm gonna look for someone that did the same upgrade or has similar system to tell me if it is worth upgrade . I dont wanna waste money for anything less than getting rid of stutter

Thank you for the tip bro !

TRENDING THREADS