Should i move from console to PC?

LoneRangerS

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
I'm thinking about getting rid of my PS4 and getting a PC instead (currently use a laptop), seems logical to combine the two. The only thing holding me back is whether it's a viable option; if i were to get a pc i'd be looking at this system (Built from Overclockers UK): GTX 770 4GB In place of 750 ti

Would that be a decent enough system? I'd be looking to play Battlefield 4, previous Call of Duty titles and upcoming, Dayz, Minecraft, nothing really more demanding than Battelfield 4. I wouldn't really need to re-purchase all my titles as i only own two games for my ps4 (BF4 & COD: Ghosts), wouldn't need a monitor, already have a license key for windows 8 that i bought for my laptop but never used. So again, how's this system? Again, GTX 770 4GB In place of 750ti in the options.

Solution

RamySar

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014

The PC is a more flexible and custimizable PC so I would recommend it, for 900$ you can get a build like this : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/w9jWJx
and you can upgrade and browse, etc...

Solution

Computersloeber

Distinguished
Because most FPS games are designed for consoles so the only thing you would need a computer for is other games then FPS's.
And most of those game are not extremely graphicly intense. So don't go high budget on a computer because you are better of buying a console. If you won't be playing anything more demanding then battlefield 4 I would say it is a waste. But hey it's your money, but still let me suggest you not to do it.
You can play DayZ and minecraft on a laptop too.

Computersloeber

Distinguished
Well it's just that there are a lot more consoles then mid/high end gaming computers so designers will make games with consoles in mind, I know the pc versions have some extras over the console version, but I still think that would not justify the cost of buying a computer for the OP.
In general if you are a gamer and want the best, or play a lot of graphicly demanding games then a gaming PC is the best option. IMO

oxiide

Distinguished

In my opinion its worth the cost of a PC just to be able to play FPS games with a keyboard and mouse and make my own decisions about graphics and framerates. "Designed with consoles in mind" is nonsense. While some ports to PC may suck, a "bad" PC port just means we get an experience too similar to console. Its never, never worse.

I do recommend against the 4 GB version of the GTX 770. In my experience, BF4 remains stubbornly at 2 GB even when you are at max detail at 1080p with more VRAM available. You should consider an R9 280X instead—slightly cheaper, slightly faster in Battlefield 4, with the added spurious advantage of 3 GB of VRAM on a 384-bit bus.

Nitpicking minor things aside, a great build that is miles better than a PS4.

Wima

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
I think the answer is depends on you. What you pursuit for moving to pc? Is it tons of a game that on your wishlist only coming to pc? Or you want to feel a "new" experience with PC?
Do not be fooled that the 4 gigs of vram it's a lot more better than 3 gigs of vram. there are many things should be considered, like core clock or memory clock. The result came up if you calculate all, and how many bandwith you will get.
I think the gtx750ti right now is one of the best low power graphic card with performance and value rating. And the gtx770 will lot more hungry for power consumption than 750ti
If you want to playing game HD and med-high setting the 750ti it's enough, but if you want play it in FHD with high-ultra setting get 770 above or 280X above :)