[SOLVED] Should I or not: SLI with ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP!

Aug 26, 2019
Hallo to everyone! :)
I am new to the board and this is also my first post - and first: sorry for my english ;)

I have a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP! Edition running in my system. I saw that the price of the card is at about 340,- € so I was wondering if I sould buy a second one and use it in SLI mode.
I've never had two graphic cards, I am normaly the one that says "instead of tuning a Porsche, buy a faster Ferrari". So I don't know if I should or not?! So I thought ask the guys that might know it!
Before someone asks if I need more power: who don't? OK, actually I can play everything but in some games I don't use high or ultra to have better FPS. With two cards I think I can play ultra, or am I wrong with this?
I don't care about the 340,- € (I think it would be more because I would also need a new motherboard). The point is more the question: is it worth to do it? And if so, which motherboard should I buy? The board is not big enough for two cards + my soundcard.

Here is my hardware:
  • Intel Core i7 7700K (4.2GHz)
  • ASUS Z170M-PLUS
  • 16 GB RAM (2 x 8GB)
  • ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP! Edition
  • Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB m.2
  • Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZxR

Hope to get some inspiration / ideas on what and how to do :)

Solution
No. SLI is never worth the cost of an additional card for gaming, unless there is a very specific game in which it actually scales well (which are very few).