[SOLVED] should i overclock my gpu and cpu?

Jul 21, 2021
Hello
This is my pc specs
CPU : AMD Fx 8350
GPU : AMD Radeon HD 7850 2Gb Dual X
RAM : 16GB DDR3
MotherBoard : Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
PowerSuply : 550 Watt

8Gb are from kingston
8gb are from sk hynix
and the cpu and gpu are from 2012
there is 2 fans on the top of my case

should/can i overclock my pc?
sorry for bad english and pc knowledge

Last edited:
Solution
Hello
This is my pc specs

8Gb are from kingston
8gb are from sk hynix

You could, but you probably shouldn't. You won't really get much performance improvement with that setup, considering these are aging components. You'd also need a decent cooling solution (if you don't have one already). Overall, you'll be pushing the limits of your components for probably 5-10fps.

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
Hello
This is my pc specs

8Gb are from kingston
8gb are from sk hynix

You could, but you probably shouldn't. You won't really get much performance improvement with that setup, considering these are aging components. You'd also need a decent cooling solution (if you don't have one already). Overall, you'll be pushing the limits of your components for probably 5-10fps.

Solution
Jul 21, 2021
You got the exact motherboard, but not the exact PSU. "550W" is not an exact PSU. The quality of the PSU is quite important; if you have a junk PSU, you should not overclock (while you probably shouldn't run a junk PSU anyway, overclocking woudl be a double no).
The video card is factory overclocked so I would not do it more usually very little to gain.
For the processor if your using the stock cooler No.
alright guys , thanks for your help i decided to not overclock

Aug 3, 2021
Did you just say add the equivalent of a gt 710?

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
Overclocking is pretty pointless nowadays, unless you're doing it just to say you did it. The performance gains are minimal, unless you custom built your entire rig specifically to overclock as much as possible.