Question Should I pair my RX 5700 XT with a 4K 60hz monitor?

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
I’m putting this under the PC gaming forum because I feel like it fits better considering my situation. My other monitor option is 1440p 144hz. I feel like 4K 60hz might be better for me because at the moment, I’m mostly playing single player FPS/RPG games, such as doom, borderlands, bioshock, and dark souls, and until an online multiplayer game really catches my eye (which I don’t think will happen any time soon), I’ll most likely continue playing games like that for a while. It seems like the RX 5700 XT can run most games at 4K with at least 40 FPS (usually higher unless it’s a demanding game), and a lot of 4K monitors are significantly cheaper than 1440p 144hz monitors based on what I’ve seen. So it’s not like I’d be investing more money, yet I might be getting something that suits me better. But the main question I’m trying to answer is whether or not it would ACTUALLY suit me better, because I’ve never tried 4K gaming before. What do you guys think? If I do get a 4K monitor, I’ll obviously get one with free sync

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That's something only you really know the answer to.
Do you prefer high detail, crisp graphics(high resolutions)?
Perhaps it's smoother frames(high refresh rates)?
Both? Unfortunately, the RX 5700XT can only do one of these 3 at 4k.

My 2 cents: if you're just a casual gamer and haven't been drawn in by the high refresh gaming yet, then the 4k60 may be ok.
BUT.
You should check and test out 4k60 monitors at an electronics store near you, and see if you'll actually like it, because if you actually have gotten used to higher refresh rates and blindly go out and buy a standard 60hz monitor, you will notice the difference...
It won't be too pleasant... then regrets will ensue.

But yeah, please go and try out 4k60 samples first before you buy!

Reactions: BrandonFitzpatricc