[SOLVED] Should i place a fan on the opposite side of the gpu?

David336yeah

Prominent
Oct 22, 2019
I wanted to know if its an bad idea to place a fan to the opposite side of a gpu

So i would place to fans at the bottom but it would blow against the gpu but inside of my case its warm

https://ibb.co/7NsKTd1

So you kann see for yourself

Solution
Not a very graphics card friendly case, where is it going to get fresh air from?
You can't put Fan on front hole as nowhere for it to get air from
You can't put Fan on back hole as PSU right below it.
Intake on top would only feed CPU and be blown out back by rear fan - nice if the top vent was longer but that be too obvious.

blowing hot air at GPU won't help. It is your only choice but its not ideal. It might just heat GPU up faster than before.

I would think about getting a better case, one with more intake options. Perhaps a mesh front.
Might cost more but won't cook parts. rgb and tempered glass is a trend that is slowly being whittled away by Gamers Nexus reviewing cases and telling people that an 11 year old case is still...

Colif

Win 11 Master
i have seen that case before, or should I say, I have seen another company selling same case under another name, the led strip at front is the same.

well, with no fans on front I guess you don't have a lot of choices. Is there a vent at front under case? I can't find many photos of it and especially underneath.

David336yeah

Prominent
Oct 22, 2019
i have seen that case before, or should I say, I have seen another company selling same case under another name, the led strip at front is the same.

well, with no fans on front I guess you don't have a lot of choices. Is there a vent at front under case? I can't find many photos of it and especially underneath.
No only at the back and on the top

Colif

Win 11 Master
Not a very graphics card friendly case, where is it going to get fresh air from?
You can't put Fan on front hole as nowhere for it to get air from
You can't put Fan on back hole as PSU right below it.
Intake on top would only feed CPU and be blown out back by rear fan - nice if the top vent was longer but that be too obvious.

blowing hot air at GPU won't help. It is your only choice but its not ideal. It might just heat GPU up faster than before.

I would think about getting a better case, one with more intake options. Perhaps a mesh front.
Might cost more but won't cook parts. rgb and tempered glass is a trend that is slowly being whittled away by Gamers Nexus reviewing cases and telling people that an 11 year old case is still better than most of the ones offered now.

Solution