[SOLVED] Should I purchase a 3000 series prebuilt?

A few months ago, or almost a year ago, I wanted to purchase the new 3000 series, because I wanted to start playing in 4K, and after the launch of the new consoles I wanted to match them. Therefore I want to settle for the RTX3070/80, however still the stock problem hasn't been resolved, and I don't see it resolving any time soon, and august was the time i wanted to build a new pc. However a lot of gaming pc's are in stock, with RTX3000's but I have been trying to avoid prebuilts, just because of general upgradeability, and other factors such as custom motherboard and GPU's and the way some of them look. I found some down at my local tech store for a nice price, it is uk based, but there is a HP Omen for £1599.99 with the following specifications:

-RTX3070
-Ryzen 7 3700x
-16GB 3200MHZ Ram
-500GB NVME
-2TB HDD

Pc can be found here

I feel like this is a decent price, but does it combat building a pc and finding a 3000 series at msrp? How upgradeable are prebuilts and are they really worth it over waiting to build a solid pc. Of course I can always wait but I don't see cards going back in stock, and not a chance i'll see them at msrp. Thanks!

Solution
The HP Omen for me is the best price and the way the case looks as well. There are no cards in stock on the website, however i planned on having a look if they are selling them, on the website they are at least at base msrp. The issue with prebuilts for me is all the custom things, the custom GPU, motherboard, etc. But yeah, thanks for the info
Another thing, I'd wait around for a 3080 over a 3070 if you can manage that. I'd also not have any HDD, I'd go all SSD, but that's just personal preference (less moving parts, more airflow in case)
My signature has my build, I think it's a pretty good reference to look at when I'm looking at parts.
I like the corsair ONEs but man they're expensive. As long as you get a prebuilt that is in a midtower case I'm sure you'll be fine. Only real things to look out for are CPU, GPU and mobo- See what they're compatible with when it comes to future upgrades. But pre-built is definitely you're best bet to get a 3000 series if you don't have a local microcenter

Reactions: Bassman999
I like the corsair ONEs but man they're expensive. As long as you get a prebuilt that is in a midtower case I'm sure you'll be fine. Only real things to look out for are CPU, GPU and mobo- See what they're compatible with when it comes to future upgrades. But pre-built is definitely you're best bet to get a 3000 series if you don't have a local microcenter
The HP Omen for me is the best price and the way the case looks as well. There are no cards in stock on the website, however i planned on having a look if they are selling them, on the website they are at least at base msrp. The issue with prebuilts for me is all the custom things, the custom GPU, motherboard, etc. But yeah, thanks for the info

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
the 3700x is still an excellent cpu... so if you have the money sure... keep in mind you'd have to buy a new motherboard if one the future you plan to upgrade to the ryzen 6000 (i wouldn't upgrade to a 5000 tbh with a 3700x) because they'll run with a new chipset. If you don't mind that, why not.

Another thing, I'd wait around for a 3080 over a 3070 if you can manage that. I'd also not have any HDD, I'd go all SSD, but that's just personal preference (less moving parts, more airflow in case)
My signature has my build, I think it's a pretty good reference to look at when I'm looking at parts.

Reactions: Bassman999
Solution

TRENDING THREADS