Should I Purchase Windows 8.1 Now or purchase Windows 10 on 29th July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

An ISO file is simply a recreation of a DVD in a single file.
All that means is you can use that to create an installation DVD or USB, and do a full install.

Either way works: Windows Update, or full wipe and reinstall.
(according to current info, anyway)

Bear in mind, this is a new OS, so there may be some issues on the initial rollout. Don't be too hasty to upgrade on day one.

SharmaDTS

Honorable
May 25, 2015
Not a major or imp use but as i just completed building my PC yesterday, I am little excited to install the OS and test it out
Btw if I purchase 8.1 I can upgrade to Windows 10, BUT don't want to take that headache of wiping the drive and again installing new version

SharmaDTS

Honorable
May 25, 2015
My real question is will I need to do that complete formatting of disk to upgrade to Windows 10? Or it will update without formatting?
If it does than it's not a bad idea to purchase Windows 8.1 Now!

USAFRet

Titan

You can do it either way. Either through Windows Update (no wipe and reinstall needed), or via an ISO file (wipe and reinstall needed).

USAFRet

Titan

An ISO file is simply a recreation of a DVD in a single file.
All that means is you can use that to create an installation DVD or USB, and do a full install.

Either way works: Windows Update, or full wipe and reinstall.
(according to current info, anyway)

Bear in mind, this is a new OS, so there may be some issues on the initial rollout. Don't be too hasty to upgrade on day one.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

No, I meant exactly what I said.
An ISO file is created from a CD or DVD. You can you that ISO file to create another exact copy of that original CD or DVD.

Purchase now or later? As asked above...do you need to use the PC before July 29?
If yes, get Win 8.1 now.
If no, wait.

SharmaDTS

Honorable
May 25, 2015
Maybe I can wait till July 29th but then also there is no Guarantee that Windows 10 will be available on July 29th to purchase online!
Also Windows 8.1 is available for 124 USD in my country is it genuine price?

USAFRet

Titan

Without knowing what country and what site you are purchasing from, no one can say as to the genuineness.

Get the Win 8.1 now. You have until July 29 2016 for the free upgrade to Win 10 if you choose.

SharmaDTS

Honorable
May 25, 2015
Buddy I am asking about the genuineness of the price as u might b knowing at what price it sells!
I am not asking about the genuineness of the product!
Is it available for approx 120 USD?
I'm purchasing from Amazon.in

USAFRet

Titan

120USD, direct from Amazon (not a 3rd party seller?) seems to be the right range.

Status
Not open for further replies.