[SOLVED] Should I put a programs folder(both x86 and the normal one) on my hard drive?

Yoiji

Honorable
Mar 29, 2018
Every time I try to install steam or a game, it automatically downloads to the Program file x86 on my C drive(SSD). I want to move my stuff to my D drive(Hard Drive). So since my D drive is pretty much blank. Is it ok to just put a folder named "Steam" to download steam and all my games onto it or do I have to make a program folder? Did I map the D drive wrong since it is blank? Should program files only be on the solid state?

Solution
You can just create a folder and call it whatever you want ( I usually go with "Steam") and then select to install your Steam games there when you are installing them. Moving them can be done in the Steam properties for that game as well. Programs will default to your C drive unless you specify otherwise during installation of each program.
You can just create a folder and call it whatever you want ( I usually go with "Steam") and then select to install your Steam games there when you are installing them. Moving them can be done in the Steam properties for that game as well. Programs will default to your C drive unless you specify otherwise during installation of each program.

Solution

Yoiji

Honorable
Mar 29, 2018
Create a Steam library on the HDD(from within the steam client). Then set it to the default library, and Steam will automatically use it when installing any new game
When I had it moved to the D drive it didn't offer to download onto the D drive as steam library. So I made a custom file called Steam and put it there. Is that fine?

TRENDING THREADS