[SOLVED] Should I re-apply thermal paste when I swap MOBO's?

Dec 28, 2020
I just received my MOBO in the mail and have something I would like to do on my PC tonight, unfortunately my new thermal paste doesn't arrive until Wednesday. Would I be okay using the same thermal paste on my new MOBO until my thermal paste arrives?

Solution
again, i'd not even try that. sit back and wait to have everything to do it right.

is it worth risking your cpu over a day or 2? that's an easy answer. no it is not!!
Dec 28, 2020
If you repasted the CPU recently you dont really have to until it arrives.But it wouldnt hurt to repaste it when the paste arrives.
Well, I haven't taken off/replaced my thermal paste in about to be 2 years. I would just assume a little bit of gaming for a day with old thermal paste on my new MOBO that arrived today wont hurt. Maybe I'm wrong.

Well, I haven't taken off/replaced my thermal paste in about to be 2 years. I would just assume a little bit of gaming for a day with old thermal paste on my new MOBO that arrived today wont hurt. Maybe I'm wrong.
oooooff,2 years.I wouldnt do anything with it to be honest and safe.Maybe some light browsing with temp monitoring if i really need to,but only for a short period of time.

Latest posts