[SOLVED] Should I regret getting the i7 8700k instead of the i9 9900k?

Toshz

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Hey guys,

So I just recently upgraded to the i7 8700k from my good old but gold trusty i7 4790 4th gen platform, I am very happy with the gains I have received as it has really made a difference, I'm reaching higher framerates in games and everything's just smoother. (Paired with a GTX 1080)

However, I could have gotten the i9 9900k but didnt, this has been eating away at me just thinking about the future and whats gonna happen when more cores become the norm.

Do you guys think I should be worried or can I consider selling my 8700k and just upgrade?

Would like to hear your opinions.

D

Deleted member 14196

The future will bring even better processor at lower prices hopefully, however knowing Intel that may not be the case, just joking about that last bit. You should be happy and enjoy everything that you have to the maximum degree and get all the joy out of it before you upgrade the next time

Ah too bad son, you blew it. The upgrade bug demands the best available for the loose change in the pocket and you went low ball. So welcome to years of, ....I gotta get that 9900... and when you do, as you will, you will realize you should have done it to begin with. Lesson learned: always go big or go home.

ayelokar

Reputable
Aug 22, 2018
Ah too bad son, you blew it. The upgrade bug demands the best available for the loose change in the pocket and you went low ball. So welcome to years of, ....I gotta get that 9900... and when you do, as you will, you will realize you should have done it to begin with. Lesson learned: always go big or go home.
Yeah, no.

Whoppsh

Prominent
Feb 21, 2019
I have the i9 9900k and I'm very impressed with it... If you just game, the i7 8700k is better. If you stream/video edit AND game the i9 9900k is a lot better than the 8700k