Question Should I reinstall old graphics card to remove driver issues

djwagz

Prominent
Feb 9, 2021
I used ddu after installing new card different brand. I now can't use all displayports at the same time. The old card was 2 dp and I think there could be some residual driver issues. Is it worth unstalling new card and drivers and replacing old card and drivers and the swapping back to new card? Used ddu in safe mode, did fresh install of new nvidia software.

One thing that I don't think is mentioned in the DDU instructions is you should disconnect the computer from the internet until you reinstall the new drivers. Windows will figure out there's no drivers for the video card and attempt to grab something from the internet to use it, and it's not always the best one.

So basically, try again with the new drivers, but with the internet disconnected

djwagz

Prominent
Feb 9, 2021
I did that and then hooked up internet. I don't know if all 3 dp not working at the same time is do to not removing old drivers before installing new card. Tried everything

djwagz

Prominent
Feb 9, 2021
Old gigabyte vision 3070, new tog strix 3080 010g v2. Currently card is connected by 2 dp and 1 hdmi. Ny monitors are dell s3220dgf 144p. Only way to get to work is using hdmi which limits me. My 3070 Only had 2 dp and hdmi so had to hook up same way. Asus says all 3 dp can be used at once but when I do one will have no signal. Switvhef cables all dp ports work just not at same time. Wondering is my 3070 with 2 dp has residual driver conflict. Used ddu but after new card install. Fresh nvidia install. I wanted to remove old drivers first nut the guy who did the work said unnecessary. All cables psu converted to 3x8 pin so it would be a pain. Don't know if driver i was using would still even be available for download. Don't know what to do. Asus has come up with things that don't work. Don't know if I should reinstall windows or if that would be a nightmare.

Well, 3070 and 3080 should work just fine on same driver, so normally you would just plug in 3080 and that's it. No harm in using DDU though, and it does not matter if you used it after first install or before. It does not look like a driver problem to me. I agree that the card should be able to use all DP ports at same time. IMO that's GPU failure.

djwagz

Prominent
Feb 9, 2021
That's what I'm almost hoping because I can't figure out a way to clean all old driver out besides DDU. Could be some registry but can't find them. Won from shuffle and they have non is stock to replace. Asus is giving me troubleshooting, but an RMA would probably leave me without computer for some time.