Question should i remove thermal paste which is under a film?

Aug 28, 2019
I just reapplied my thermal paste but when i was removing it there was a film on both the cpu n gpu with a hole for conatct with heatsink.
however after i cleaned the the initial paste, i saw that theres also some paste under the film. should i remove the film n the paste, n apply new thermal paste? btw my laptops temp has always spiked. idle is usually around 50 n goes up to 90 when gaming.

I just reapplied my thermal paste but when i was removing it there was a film on both the cpu n gpu with a hole for conatct with heatsink.
however after i cleaned the the initial paste, i saw that theres also some paste under the film. should i remove the film n the paste, n apply new thermal paste? btw my laptops temp has always spiked. idle is usually around 50 n goes up to 90 when gaming.
It sounds like someone applied thermsl paste on top of the protective film covering the mfrs preapplied paste. That will explain bad temps.

Aug 28, 2019
Can you post a pic of what you are talking about?
Can you post a pic of what you are talking about?
View: https://imgur.com/yMep5aw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6W9-uQO-k

ive edy reassambled my laptop. but the pic is from the video link n its the same make as my laptop. as u can c theres a translucent film on the cpu n gpu. in my case, when i c through it theres obviously some thermal paste underneath the film. i proceed as how the video shows, only applying the paste on the die but i used the pea method instead. so i bascally ignored the paste underneath for the only way to remove it is by removing the film. however there has been an increase in my laptops ideal temperature so ill definitely reapply the paste in larger quantity. but i really dont know what to do about the paste underneath and how its affecting my laptop

Aug 28, 2019
It sounds like someone applied thermsl paste on top of the protective film covering the mfrs preapplied paste. That will explain bad temps.
there was an issue with my laptop before so i sent it for repairs to the mfrs as it was still under warranty. which can only mean they are the 1s who reapplied in such manner. unfortunately im not sure about the temperature difference b4 and after i had sent for repairs as it has been about 2 years. btw how does this cause the bad temps? im still an amateur at this