Question Should I replace/fix my motherboard?

Nov 27, 2019
(Picture of Socket) I have recently started building my first pc and I am very close to finishing. All I need to to do is install the Radiator and Graphics card. But before I did I wanted to double check the CPU socket and see if there was any issues before installing the cooler. Unfortunately while I was taking the CPU out I accidentally dropped it on the socket and now there is a noticeable bent cpu pin. Should I attempt to fix the socket/replace motherboard or should I ignore it and finish my build?

Oct 17, 2019
(Picture of Socket) I have recently started building my first pc and I am very close to finishing. All I need to to do is install the Radiator and Graphics card. But before I did I wanted to double check the CPU socket and see if there was any issues before installing the cooler. Unfortunately while I was taking the CPU out I accidentally dropped it on the socket and now there is a noticeable bent cpu pin. Should I attempt to fix the socket/replace motherboard or should I ignore it and finish my build?
If I don’t do anything and finish the build and turn it on, will it hurt the CPU?
Extremely small chance you will hurt the cpu. Try to see if it boots, good chance it will without any problems since it is 1 pin.

I would suggest using a magnifying glass, or use an app that has magnifying zoom with a flashlight, and use a needle to pry it back up. It doesn't have to be perfectly aligned like the rest, just in the same position and be facing upwards to make contact with the cpu.

TRENDING THREADS