Should I replace my in-dash receiver?

G

I have a Kenwood KDC-X696 which I have had in my vehicle for 4.5 years. I noticed over the Christmas break that the mechanism that pulls in and ejects the CD may be malfunctioning. I was listening to Christmas CDs while driving around and looking at Christmas lights due to the fact that the MP3s that I ripped from those CDs and stored on USB were skipping because of some minor disc scratches. The CD player played the CDs fine but like I said, the mechanism that pulls in and ejects the CD may be malfunctioning. I bought this in-dash unit originally for Android compatibility when I decided to ditch my iPod Classic for a Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone. At the time I did not feel ready to give up the CD player. I ended up using this unit for both iPhone and Android over the years and rarely used the CD player. When I bought my Samsung Galaxy S5, I briefly listened to my music via Bluetooth due to Android discontinuing the option to listen to music via USB. I decided to switch my music over to a 32 GB San-disk USB flash drive due to signal interference from the Bluetooth. If I replace this unit in the future, I am planning to ditch the CD player. Aside from the malfunctioning mechanism, everything else seems to work properly. My question is, could the malfunctioning mechanism that I have mentioned, affect the capabilities or functions of the USB port or Bluetooth system at some point in the future? I am asking this because I am moving next month to start on my Master's degree and if the problem will affect the in-dash unit's other functions, I intend to replace the unit before I leave. Thanks in advance.