[SOLVED] should i replace my psu as warranty expired?

Solution
Depends on the unit in question, generally a unit with a 3 year warranty is probably not all that quality to begin with.
You know, when asking a question about a PSU (or any component) you should give the make and model # - because I would not replace a Seasonic when it exceeds it's warranry, but WOULD replace EVGA, Corsair, Silverstone, and anyone else who doesn't manufacture their own PSUs.
So no on Seasonic - yes on every thing else - and replace with Seasonic -- Your power supply is the single most important component in your PC.
That is a blatant generalization that could lead to issues. Not every Seasonic unit is the gold standard, so simply naming brand replacement for brand is just irresponsible.
Additionally, using PSUs...

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
You know, when asking a question about a PSU (or any component) you should give the make and model # - because I would not replace a Seasonic when it exceeds it's warranry, but WOULD replace EVGA, Corsair, Silverstone, and anyone else who doesn't manufacture their own PSUs.
So no on Seasonic - yes on every thing else - and replace with Seasonic -- Your power supply is the single most important component in your PC.

Depends on the unit in question, generally a unit with a 3 year warranty is probably not all that quality to begin with.
That is a blatant generalization that could lead to issues. Not every Seasonic unit is the gold standard, so simply naming brand replacement for brand is just irresponsible.
Additionally, using PSUs from companies that rebrands is perfectly fine. Some of the best PSUs on the market came from EVGAs branded Superflower units, on par with units like the Seasonic Focus platinum series. Same goes for lines like Corsair RMx.

Reactions: Archaic59
Solution