Should I report this issue to Virtu software support?

LonelyMan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
I bought the Crysis franchise on steam when it was on sale. Now I have decided to install and play crysis 1 since I got my new beast of a rig. Apparently, if you play crysis 1 full screen and enable the virtu mvp virtual vsync and disable the vsync option from the game settings, the game will have massive tearing, and I mean massive. If I disable the fullscreen from the game menu and leave the virtu mvp virtual vsync on, voila no more tearing game runs flawlessly. I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with my rig since it's 3 days old. Oh and btw, the "Can it run Crysis" memo is still good, since with my i5-3570k, gtx 680 lightning overclocked to 1280mhz(for now) and 8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram, the game rapes my system when all settings are put to ultra high :eek: . It can run, but no wear near as fluent as when the settings are all on high. :pfff:

Solution
crysis 1 doesnt work particularly well on new hardware. i built my system to max out the game at 30fps and thats what i got.
yours should in theory manage at least double that of the gpu but the reality is a lot less stunning than you would think.
your looking at 45-55 fps minimum on the beach and 45is underground at ultra and thats pretty much the best you can hope for on any system as the game isnt particularly well coded ...
the good news is that if you enable vsnc in game you will get a super smooth experience. as image blur in the game is well coded and does help reduce eye popping jitter.
crysis 1 doesnt work particularly well on new hardware. i built my system to max out the game at 30fps and thats what i got.
yours should in theory manage at least double that of the gpu but the reality is a lot less stunning than you would think.
your looking at 45-55 fps minimum on the beach and 45is underground at ultra and thats pretty much the best you can hope for on any system as the game isnt particularly well coded ...
the good news is that if you enable vsnc in game you will get a super smooth experience. as image blur in the game is well coded and does help reduce eye popping jitter.

Solution

LonelyMan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

So should I disable the virtu mvp virtual vsync and enable the one in game? Seeing as how I have a 120hz monitor, thats going to cap me at 120fps right?

nope its a variable vsnc in the game engine. so regardless of your hz you shouldnt notice any tearing if in game vsnc is enabled. if you can get more than 120 fps an then you enable vsync then yes it would limit you to a max of 120 fps.
but like i say the game isnt particularly well coded and you will be lucky to get 60 fps never mind 120