ronanwhite2011

Prominent
Jan 4, 2019
Hi guys, I’m about to upgrade my mobo, cpu, ram and graphics card so basically the whole system 😂😂 but I’m wondering do I need to uninstall windows on my current system or will I have to option to reinstall Windows when I plug everything in after I build my pc. I’m using the same drives so I know I need to uninstall everything on them and start fresh but just wondering am I able to do it when I build the new system or do I need to reset my pc before I upgrade?

WildCard999

Titan
No on the uninstall or reset, you need to perform a clean install of Windows post upgrading then get the newest drivers for your motherboard and GPU. Backup any important files.

A reset doesn't get rid of the previous motherboard drivers which usually conflict with the new motherboard and can cause performance issues.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-do-clean-installation-windows-10

Solution

WildCard999

Titan
Yea that would be fine. Usually once the Windows ISO tool is put onto the flash drive I'll do a restart and hit F11 until the boot menu comes up (may be different on your system). From there it'll have you select which drive you want it on and I usually format the SSD and partitions and then should allow you to install Windows from there, just follow the directions.