Question Should i return a gpu because coilwhine?

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Hello,25/3 I bought gtx 1660 ti gaming x for 385$ (25$ shipping and 50$ import fee) after 1 day of using i heard strange noise when i launch any game (game home screen no heave load) and i realized it's coil whine i use headphones all the day so i don't hear it i hear it only when i take headphones off i contacted amazon to get a replacement or refund they will charge me 355$ back should i accept that and i want to know if the sound will increased i plan to use this card for 4 years what do you think?

Coil whine is an annoyance not a sign of future problems. Is it worth $30 to get rid of it to you? The replacement card may have the same issue. You can use a case like from BeQuiet to reduce noise. Note cases without side panel view windows are best. Since they can have soundproofing installed all around. Except for vents/intakes.

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Coil whine is an annoyance not a sign of future problems. Is it worth $30 to get rid of it to you? The replacement card may have the same issue. You can use a case like from BeQuiet to reduce noise. Note cases without side panel view windows are best. Since they can have soundproofing installed all around. Except for vents/intakes.
I will change the card to gigabyte gtx 1660 ti aorus