Question Should I return this Pre-built?

sally_91

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2012
https://www.newegg.com/p/3D5-0069-00028?Item=9SIBVKAK8U3252

I bought this pre-built Windows 11 PC on new NewEgg on August 10, during the tax free weekend. The mod in r/Prebuilts/ said it was a good deal.
Some weird things I encountered were, that I had to install the graphics card manually, as it came in a newly wrapped retail box. The Windows Explorer Local Disk C drive is in Chinese and when I got the computer running, there was already a user installed in Windows 11, labeled "Hi". I reset Windows 11 to reflect my user preference, meaning I logged into my Microsoft account.
I was reading somethings in r/Privacy and it made me kind of paranoid that this PC might be bugged. I did some online shopping and used my Credit Card and saved my info into Microsoft Edge. So, I'm just looking for advice on what to do? Should I return it to NewEgg or keep the damn thing?

And If I were to return it, what preventive measures can I take right now before I ship it out?

Lutfij

Titan
I reset Windows 11 to reflect my user preference, meaning I logged into my Microsoft account.
If I were you, I'd wipe the drive then reinstall the OS after creating your bootable USB installer for the OS.

I can't seem to find the make and model of the PSU that's bundled with the platform, nor does it state the make and model of the motherboard. I'd have seen what a custom built system would net me, the benefit to that is that you get to pick and choose what you put in your build.

sally_91

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2012
Oh man, alright.
By wipe the drive do you mean during a clean install of Windows?

System Information says the motherboard is a Gigabyte A520M K V2. I don't know what the PSU is.
Would you suggest returning the item?