Should I reverse my AIO cooler fans

xxxlun4icexxx

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Hi,

I haven't put my build together yet but I have a swiftech drive x3 cooler that I am going to be using for my cpu (it is the 3-fan version). I noticed that the cooler comes stock with the fans on top blowing air through the radiator (so if I mounted it on the top of my case it'd be pushing air in). I am going to be using a view 71 case and mounting the rad on the top of the case. The only other option I'd have is to have the fans flipped and still be on top but pulling air out.

Is this the preferred method? Will I be alright just leaving it in this configuration? Will be cooling a 7800x.

Solution
Depends on the rest of your setup. Blowing down and having a rear exhaust fan is pretty good for the CPU. But if you have a lot of intake coming in from the front then you will probably end up with a very positive pressure case. You can also go for a complete reversal and have the fronts as exhaust and the rear as an intake also.

Typical build would say that a large radiator up top should be exhaust though. Just have to make sure you have some filtered intakes, otherwise the radiator will catch the dust.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on the rest of your setup. Blowing down and having a rear exhaust fan is pretty good for the CPU. But if you have a lot of intake coming in from the front then you will probably end up with a very positive pressure case. You can also go for a complete reversal and have the fronts as exhaust and the rear as an intake also.

Typical build would say that a large radiator up top should be exhaust though. Just have to make sure you have some filtered intakes, otherwise the radiator will catch the dust.

Solution