Breek1

Honorable
Jul 20, 2015
TLDR; Everytime I restart the PC the SSD needs to be set as a new volume again.

So I've had this SSD for about two years now and after building a new rig removed it from the old one and put it into the new one in order to save games onto it. Sadly, I lost everything and before I found out I could recover it my dumb self chose to format it into a new simple volume. I tried recovering the files, but the names aren't shown so I don't want to go through sorting and figuring out nearly 3/4 of a tb of files. I have a total of 3 SSDs including a AORUS pcie 4 1tb m.2 and a WD m.2 as a pool. The build is below. Any help as to why it keeps disappearing after the restart, resulting into creating in my having to create a simple volume again in order for it to appear?

MB - Aorus Ultra rev 1.2 X570
CPU - 5900x
GPU - Aorus Master 3080
SSDs - Aorus 1tb, WD Black 500gb, and 860 EVO 1tb
RAM - Corsair Vengeance TUF Gaming 16gb 3200 mhz
PSU - Gigabyte 850 Gold
Case - MB520
CPU AIO - Enermax 360mm

Have you installed the Samsung Magician software to check the health of your drive?
Samsung-970-EVO-Plus-Magician-Main.png

Breek1

Honorable
Jul 20, 2015
I tried posting a screenshot, but the site wont let me for w/e reason. The drive on Magician says it's good and it's been like that ever since I had the drive. Everything is up to date.

Breek1

Honorable
Jul 20, 2015
does it do the same thing if you plug in the drive into another system, or externally?
The previous system it was working perfectly as it should. I have yet to do it externally. It just stops recognizing it as D: drive and becomes allocated. I've connected it to a different SATA port and it is still the same result. I will use different cables and see if that works, but I doubt it.

Your system appears to be affected by the same gremlin that affects Win 10 / AMD Ryzen platforms.

Can you show us the Partitions window in DMDE after the next unallocation event? DMDE will allow you to fix the problem with a few clicks, but the root cause remains a mystery to me.

Breek1

Honorable
Jul 20, 2015
Your system appears to be affected by the same gremlin that affects Win 10 / AMD Ryzen platforms.

Can you show us the Partitions window in DMDE after the next unallocation event? DMDE will allow you to fix the problem with a few clicks, but the root cause remains a mystery to me.

This damn forum won't let me post the link for the screenshot on gyazo.

I keep getting "Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator. "

USAFRet

Titan
This damn forum won't let me post the link for the screenshot on gyazo.

I keep getting "Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator. "
Try a different image hosting site.
imgur.com works.

Breek1

Honorable
Jul 20, 2015

nrqFGco.png

Here you go.

Breek1

Honorable
Jul 20, 2015
I was able to figure it out.

Here are the logs on Samsung Magician

SMART Self-Test
1/18/2021​
Model NameSamsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
ResultLog #1Option SHORT
Status Successfully completed (0)