Question Should I sell my motherboard or try and fix the issues?

Apr 26, 2019
The main problem is that I scratched through the epoxy and exposed copper while trying to take out a bent screw on an ASUS Z170-K motherboard. I am thinking about just accepting my losses and trying to sell it to someone who might have the equipment to fix what I messed up. However, I also have some other 10 year old motherboards that I am looking to get rid of.

I really have more than one question to be honest. If you could help me to answer any of the following, that would be awesome!

1. What should I do about my ASUS Z170-K motherboard?
  2. Should I keep my Intel 6th Generation Core i7 processor from the ASUS Z170-K motherboard or sell it along with the motherboard?
  3. Where is the best place to sell something like this? I also have two older motherboards and CPUs. One CPU is an AMD Anthlon 64 X2 and the other CPU is an Intel Celeron Processor E3300.
  4. I also have a 1TB Hard Drive that has damage to the pins. What should I do about this?
Thanks in advance. Sorry for being so rough with the hardware.

Pictures:
View: https://imgur.com/a/hn9h9zA

1. As long as you didn't damage any of the PCB traces scratches are just cosmetic.

2. If you are going to reuse the CPU then keep it, if not sell it with the mobo, mobos in general don't have much value used

3. eBay is always good or Craigslist/Facebook Market if you want to sell it around you in person and not mess with shipping.
The other two CPUs you listed are worth maybe 5 or 10 bucks each

4. You may be able to bend the pin back in place, if it breaks then toss it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS